Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Vintage Owl





9'7" l, 221'2"w, 171/2"n, 141'2t.














Today after my Am session at Blackies a board was set up against the palm trees on the beach with a for sale sign. From a distance it looked beat up. As I approached it I noticed it was an "Vintage Owl". Before I could get to my cell phone to call the phone # on the sign , The owner walked up and said no need to get your phone its mine. I have been looking for a vintage board for awhile but the never found the right opportunity. I have always been told it just has to fall in your lap. The ironic thing is what are the odds that the vintage board would be an Owl, which is one I have personel interest in. I have been a long time Marc Andreini fan and that this board is from that shaping tree which Marc is from. In fact Marc still shapes White Owl replicas to this day. Anyways I went to my car and paid the nice guy on the beach and away I went with a new old board. A little restoration is in order but its structural properties are all in tact.





4 comments:

jb said...

You're a fiend.

FREERIDE said...

I could not pass it up. $200. is a small price for happiness. Surf On Jdub

Anonymous said...

Thats a good story, I think everyone and board should have someone who loves them.

unidentified said...

200.00?????
hmmm...