Saturday, October 6, 2007

Cardiff Classic

Surfed in the Cardiff Classic today held by Swamis Surf Club.
One of my highlights was picking up a cool new Plumeria from Tom at the beach.

The other highlight of my day was watching Travis from PB surf club perform a dry run with his French tandem partner.


Travis is always a happy go luckey guy, I wonder why?


Some vintage woodies were out for display.

The surf in the AM was big wind swell with light offshore that turned onshore . The windswell would die out by 11:00 leaving just a mess. Along with the time confusion this was not one of the better contest.

This is fitting for the day, I have heard the stories of the new art statue and the general dislike from the locals. This is the first time I have seen it up close. I thought one element you learned as a trained artist is scale. I dont want to be negitive so I just say its better than I could do.

3 comments:

Beetlejuice said...

those waves look fun!

unidentified said...

statue of a circus freak. you could do better!

Anonymous said...

How and why does one have contests of an art form?