Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A little summer left

Surfed San O in the AM. The local beach breaks were still a little closed out. So I opted for a mellow session. The conditions were great. There was still "A little summer left".


Southern hemi still in the water. Tide was high and the point was fun.

Winds were nice. Glassy and a little offshore from time to time for most of the AM.

David N. going left.



Danger Bob on a set.

All in all a classic summer type morning.

Rode my 7'-9" hull again today. Worked really good on the inside high tide point waves. The sets were a little mussy so I let the loggers burn each other on them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think a 7'5" Vaquero is to small for a guy 6'2" and 185 lbs? I gotta pull the trigger soon. That a Vaquero you're riding? Help!

jb said...

I'm 6'4" 185 and I recently ordered an 8'0" from Marc. He thought that size would work really well for my frame. I like bigger boards; not sure if that's bigger than you're looking for Anon.

FREERIDE said...

I have a 6'10",7'9" and 8'6" I am 5'8" 150lbs. The 7'5" would be a great board when there is waves. My 8'6" is the best I have even owned. Hangs proudly in my living room after 12 years of service. If you want one for all conditions and you normally ride bigger boards I would opt for a 8'0 model.

unidentified said...

Agreed. i'm a newbee to the hulls but Johnny Freeride is correct sir.
i have the 7'2" he sold me and it will mainly be for when there's surf.
(which ain't very often)
I was witness to this in small perfect point surf when he was on his 7'9" and I was on a smaller hull.
He made muchas sections.
Myself i need an 8" if i will be out in Log style surf.