Sunday, July 8, 2007

One California Day

Last night I attended the premier of a new surf film "One Califoria Day" The Premier was held at El Ssegundo High School.
Before the movie. Its was sold out. The place held 8oo people.


I got there a little early so I stopped at this Mexican place . This was the Taqullia Bar over 50 different kinds to try.

Sunday the wind was on it from sun up. Still managed to have fun . Surfed the mid streets. Some of the inside sections were real fun.



The following photos are of Dano test riding his new hull design. The board I think is 7'-8".










I have been riding hulls for about 12 years now and I think its cool there are some people giving them a try.
























I surfed my 6'-0 pavel quad for most of the session. but at the end I switched to my new 5'-9" M Junod quad. Low entry rocker make this board really good. M Junod shapes out of Santa Cruz. He currently is shaping me a 7'-6" single fin gun.








3 comments:

Unknown said...

i checked mid-streets and it didn't look as glassed as your shots. you must have some sick photoshop skills.

Anonymous said...

Went to the flick too. Great crowd. Great local vibe. Movie was good but the editing and pace were bad.I remembered that I thought the same way about SingleFin Yellow when i saw it at El Segundo High a couple years back. The two dudes who made the movie are super cool heads and they made a great movie, just wish they would work on the pacing of it.

--push

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that seems to be a problem with a lot of surf films lately. Even the ones that I dig, like Sprout and Glass Love, are tough to watch in one sitting. I guess it's a matter of these guys getting so much good material and having a hard time editing it down. But, sometimes, for the sake of pacing, good stuff has to go. That's what DVD extras are for.