Saturday, November 3, 2007

Style Counts

Started the AM down at the other end of Newport where I surfed most of the week but today it was good but packed . I was not in the mood to grovel so I headed to Blackies to get some logging in. The condions were good and wave were super fun. Blackies has a real good crew of longboarders that display that "Style Counts" for somthing. Its all about having fun anyways.

Alex Knost above showing style on his 9'-0 hull.


CEO Matt Albers with a little tip time.

This Kid is named Juillo. I think. Anyways for his age his has great syle and noes riding skills.


Juillo again on the tip.


Kyle Albers giving Dano's 11 footer a spin. You can catch Kyle these days ripping Santa Barbara spots.




Matt loves Sat. AMs



Typical Blackies shot. Pier in the background.



I dont know this kids name but it was his little Dano single fin that caught my eye. Fun looking board.






Tip time on a EC surfboard.


Local shaper / surfer Dano


Rick C was shooting us today with a underwater video setup. should turn out cool.




Plenty of tip time today.


Mr Praire with 5 over.



Mahia and Kyle

Talor Patten

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought of newport beach as a longboard spot. Your photos sure proved otherwise.

FREERIDE said...

Newport has some good surfers past and present riding both long and short and some in the middle. Thats why I like it here. varity make things interesting. Thanks for the kind words.