Sunday, April 15, 2007

RIDE THE LIGHT





My last post was a close up of a surfboard logo "OWL" . This post I show you what that represents for me and my quiver. All boards above are shapeed by Marc Andrini over the past 12 years.
Yellow is 8'-6" and was my first. This is one of my favorite boards of all times. Best session was Rincon a few years back. I don't ride it much any more in that the deck is pretty delaminated. It keeps a nice home on my family room ceiling.
White is a 7'-2". This is a great board. It rides more like a Liddle hull but whe get your feet on it for a few sessions it is a unreal ride. Best session was Lowers last year.
Merlot is 6'-10". This is my most recent, I got this board in 1999. In that this board is shorter it ride much different than the rest. I love this board in beach breaks as well as points. Most memoriable session was at Malibu ist point and Magnolia St. HB.
Green is 7'-9". This board rides longer when it needs to and shoter when it has to. I surfed a 1 foot day at SanO on it and people thought it was 9'-0". Most memorable session was at 56th street Newport Beach about 6 years ago. This is also my current St Patty day board.
If you ever get a chance to ride or even own a Andrini Hull I would reccomend it. And remember SURF ON>


5 comments:

unidentified said...

J, you make my Quiver Quiver!
Just talked to a mutual friend of ours that's been a SBarbra boy for years and part of that T spinner thang.
Being not so on top of trends I was blown away to hear that he's just got himself a Liddle hull!
I gots to catch up here.
That knifey flex thang looks like a hell of a time.
And now that Miss Boo is a steady for me, a hull should be used for
a complete experience.
I'm borrowing an old 7'0" from a buddy and we'll see!

FREERIDE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FREERIDE said...

Is taht Tort or GL. When you talk to them again tell them hi. Lets get a session at the Bu with the hulls real soon. To much fun.

unidentified said...

TORT. BRAIN IN TACT.
He's got the liddle connect. 400.00
new!!!!

Patch said...

Boards are looking good, I'll keep a look out for a couple Liddle hulls out Bu way.